A great vegetable side dish recipe that isn’t boring is priceless for my family. I have a hard time getting my kids to eat vegetables, but if the recipe is flavorful, I have much better luck. This recipe for Cauliflower with Tarragon and Hazelnuts has a creamy texture from the yogurt. It gives it an unexpected richness. The recipe was created by Dole and inspired by ‘Lumiere’ from “Beauty and the Beast.’
Dole has partnered with Disney to help parents encourage their families to make healthier eating choices. Families can now purchase DOLE Bananas, Pineapples, Salads and Vegetables adorned with characters from Disney’s “Beauty and the Beast” to create delicious, nutritious Dole recipes inspired by the Disney film- like this Spicy Banana and Shrimp Crepes Recipe.
When you are buying cauliflower at the store, look for firm and tightly closed heads. The white variety, used in this recipe, should have no brown spots and be very “pale”. I love putting cauliflower on our dinner table because it is full of potassium and even has protein.
Cauliflower with Tarragon and Hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 head DOLE® Cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Stir together Greek yogurt, tarragon and mustard in small bowl; set aside.
- Cook cauliflower florets in boiling, salted water in medium saucepan 10 to 12 minutes or until tender crisp. Drain cauliflower; return to pan.
- Stir in yogurt mixture and hazelnuts. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
To celebrate the new live-action “Beauty and The Beast”, you can enter Dole and Disney’s: “There’s Beauty in Healthy Living” Sweepstakes (Ends April 16th, 2017). Participants can answer a character-inspired quiz for a chance to win one of the following prizes:
- One (1) Grand Prize: One (1) travel package to the Orlando, Florida, area for winner and up to three (3) guests with roundtrip airfare, 5-day/4-night stay at a resort hotel, four (4) days of theme park tickets and Four (4) days/nights of dining plans.
- Five (5) First Prizes: One (1) 13-piece Patina Vie Beauty and the Beast plate and glassware package and five (5) Dole fruit or vegetable coupons.
- Ten (10) Second Prizes: each winner to receive a $50 movie gift card.